Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Building a blog

So it's been one year since I built this blog! Crazy! It seems to have gone by so fast. Honestly, I'm surprised the blog has lasted through an extended deployment, three FITREPs, two jobs, a new child, and all the craziness daily life has to offer.

For anyone thinking that the magic day will arrive when they have enough time to start a blog, or a hobby, or a whatever, I recommend this article:

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2012/12/writers-block-and-the-drip.html

You probably won't ever have the right amount of time to do anything. I decided to take on JPME Phase I and learning Indonesian (which I managed to get a 1/1+ on a DLPT V!) while in Bahrain on a 3 month TDY. It wasn't the right time, but I figured I'd never have the right time...and I'm glad I got it done. I had plenty of excuses to not start this blog...but I figured I'd tackled it a bit at a time, and I'm glad I did.

Don't wait for the perfect moment...make now the perfect moment.